The Acceptable Use Policy must be signed by both parent/guardian and student before Chromebooks can be picked up.
The Acceptable Use Policy was given at Registration another one can be picked up in the AP Office during normal operating hours or you can print a copy by clicking on the link below.
- Why get Chromebooks?
- When will students get Chromebooks?
- What comes with the Chromebook?
- Can the student decorate their Chromebook?
- Is the school offering an insurance policy for the Chromebooks that parents can purchase?
- Why are repair costs listed if there is insurance for breakage/repair?
- The student already has a laptop/Chromebook can they use that instead?
The School District of Janesville believes that it’s essential that our students know how to use technology effectively and not just to consume content but also to create it To ensure that all students have access to technology, both inside and outside the classroom, we are putting personal Chromebooks in the hands of every high school student.
- September 4, 2018
- 10th, 11th and 12th graders will report to the school's fieldhouse between 8:30 am and 11:30 am. They are required to use EXIT #5.
- Once the student has received their Chromebook they are free to leave campus for the day.
- Parents can pick up the Chromebook for their child if they have a signed Acceptable Use Permit.
- 9th graders are expected to attend school for the entire day (8:00 to 3:28) and will receive their Chromebook during the school day.