Good Afternoon Craig Students and Guardians,
This is Craig Assistant Principal, Shawn Kane, with important registration and back to school information. It is time to begin preparing for the 2023-20234 school year which means there are several important items in this message for families to do/consider in preparation.
The yearly required Infinite Campus online registration for all students has opened at 12 o'clock (noon) on Thursday, July 6, 2023. It is very important for families to complete online registration to confirm and update their family and child(ren)'s information, including their contact information and preferred communication methods--which is used, for example, to notify families during the school year of potential closings/delays due to weather situations.
NOTE: Online registration is not required for students entering P4J (4-year-old Kindergarten).
We ask that all K-12 families complete online registration as soon as possible, and preferably before
Monday, August 7, 2023. If you are listed as the primary household parent/guardian in Infinite Campus, please register online at https://janesvillewi.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/parents/janesville.jsp
After logging in, click on the word "More" in the lower part of the left-hand menu bar, a screen will open, and then select "Online Registration."
Remember to log in with your Infinite Campus login and password, which is the same login and password you would have used in the past, or which was provided to you when you enrolled your student(s) in the SDJ. Please note: the login and password are case-sensitive. If you have trouble logging in, parents may:
- Call the Infinite Campus Registration Help Desk at (608) 743-5047. Calls will be taken from 8:00 AM until 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Beginning August 14, 2023, parents may also call their child's school directly for password resets.
When you are logged in and are completing the registration process, be sure to review each section and verify all information for each student.
As part of the registration process, you may set up payments for expenses, such as school meals. The instructions below will walk you through the process of setting up your payment methods or updating your recurring payments.
- If you need assistance making a payment, please follow these instructions.
- If you need assistance adding payment methods, please follow these instructions.
- If you need assistance with recurring payments, please view these instructions.
When you have finished the registration and verification process for your student(s), be sure to click on the red SUBMIT button to complete registration.
- Beginning Wednesday, July 6, 2023, at 12 noon, complete online registration for your child(ren) for the 2023-2024 school year via the IC Parent Portal ( https://janesvillewi.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/parents/janesville.jsp). Please complete the online registration for all of your child(ren) by Monday, August 7, 2023.
- If you plan to use the IC Parent Portal to pay for any student fees, please be sure to confirm or update your payment information in the system (as described earlier in this message).
- If you are looking for school supply lists, they have been updated and are available via this link or through a link on the SDJ homepage.
CRAIG HIGH SCHOOL ONSITE REGISTRATION – 2023-24 School Year
Tuesday, August 15, 2023
|Session #1||Session #2|
***Staff will not be available from 12:00pm-12:30pm for a lunch break***
*Students are strongly encouraged to attend their assigned grade level session. *
- Parents are required to complete the SDJ Online Registration process before attending Craig’s Onsite registration day on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Most notably, ONLY STUDENTS need to attend Registration Day on Tuesday, August 15, 2023 to get his/her ID and yearbook picture taken, pick up their schedule, and pay fees in person if not paid online.
Students should bring:
- Payment for school fees or receipt if paid online
- Payment for school photos or receipt if purchased online
Students will receive/complete on August 15th, 2023:
- Fall schedule: this includes locker and combination information
- Complete their school photo
- Pickup emergency contact card-to be returned on Back to School night(August 29) or first week of school.
- First day of school schedule.
- OPTIONAL: Purchase 2023-24 Yearbook
STUDENT PHOTO INFORMATION
Students must have an ID/yearbook photo taken even if they are not buying a package.
- Lifetouch will be taking photos.
- Information will be sent in a separate mailing from Lifetouch to each household
- Photo packages are ordered directly through the vendor. Parents can visit mylifetouch.com and use the following Picture Day ID to order.
- PICTURE DAY ID: EVTNZVJ72
Student Yearbook Purchases
Students and families interested in purchasing a yearbook must visit the vendor website directly and order their yearbooks through Jostens. The information and links provided will help families complete the purchase requests.
Here are the links to use when advertising book sales, ad sales and senior photo submission:
- Book Sales: http://jostensyearbooks.com/?REF=A09315000
- Ad Sales: https://www.jostens.com/apps/jcom/router.mvc?affiliateId=1117097
- Senior Photo Submission: https://images.jostens.com/0YZYs5qNl1kN_7qmt9td08Q
Tuesday, August 29: Craig Orientation meeting and Open House
In preparation for the 2023-24 school year, Craig High School is offering Back to School grade level meetings for all families. The Orientation meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 29, 2023 from 5:15 pm-6:00 pm.
An Open House to all remaining students and families will also take place following the orientation meetings; from 6:00pm-8:00pm. All students and families are welcome to attend the Open House meet and greet with their assigned teachers from 6:00-8:00pm. This will take place in assigned classrooms. Specific details for the meeting are listed below The topics covered in the meetings range from graduation requirements, high school grading policy, daily class schedule, parent resources, building security, ACT testing, college admissions, 1:1 device use, and student involvement.
The location of the grade level meetings from 5:00-6:00 pm will be shared with students and families at a later date.
Parking Permit Purchases
Parking permits will be sold on a “first come, first serve” basis beginning Thursday, August 3rd, 2023. Let’s review important information:
- Parking permits will be sold on a “First come, first served” basis
- North Lot stalls are reserved for Seniors only.
- Students will be assigned a specific, numbered stall in the assigned lot
- This stall is designated for their exclusive use for the entire year, or the duration of the permit.
- Required information includes: First/Last Name, grade level, registered owner of vehicle, license plate number, make/model/color of vehicle, state of registration, copy of vehicle registration, proof of insurance.
- The schedule for permit sales is as follows:
- Thursday, August 3rd - permits sold based on grade level
- 8:00am-10:00am: Seniors ONLY/North Lot and South lot permits will be available to seniors.
- 10:00am-12:00pm: Underclassmen(eligible Juniors and Sophomores) South lot permits available to underclassmen
- Due to limited supervision, Students SHOULD NOT arrive on campus before 7:00am on the date of sales. Any student arriving before 7:00am will be directed to leave campus.
- ***Important to Note: All past due fees and fines must be paid before a permit can be issued. This includes class and participation fees, textbooks, LMC fines, etc. Permits will not be issued if students have outstanding fees/fines/textbooks at the time of the sale.
Additional permits will be available for purchase on Tuesday, August 15, 2023 during Registration Sessions. The purchase price of the student permit is $100. This cost includes the assigned lot and designated stall for the duration of the permit. Based on district policy, there are purchasing alternatives and purchase plans available to students and families.
- Students can select to purchase permits at a quarterly rate of: $25.00 per quarter
- Students can purchase semester permits at a rate of: $50.00 per semester
- Students can purchase a yearly permit for a rate of: $100.00 per year.
- Students will select the payment plan the day of purchase, and students must pay in full based on their payment plan.
IMPORTANT NOTE*** Seniors are not guaranteed a spot in the North Lot because of limited stalls available.