On Tuesday, March 3, 2020, all juniors in Wisconsin will take the ACT plus writing assessment. There is no cost for these tests, and colleges accept these scores for admission. If possible, please schedule your student’s appointments around this day, so that they may be in attendance for the ACT. The following schedule will be followed:
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
7:45 am- All juniors report to testing locations: 9th grade, 10th grade, and 12th-grade students WILL NOT report to school.
1:00 pm- Students will complete testing and be excused. ACT does not allow a lunch break; a snack will be provided for all students in the morning.
No lunch will be served at school this day.
To help your student prepare for the ACT, please do the following:
1. Remind your student(s) to be on time. Students who arrive after 8:05 a.m. will not be able to test.
2. Encourage your student(s) to leave all electronics at home. Per ACT rules, cell phones ARE NOT allowed in the testing room or during break periods. Electronics will be collected until after testing.
3. Bring #2 pencils for testing. (Mechanical pencils are not allowed)
4. Each student is encouraged to bring a calculator that meets ACT criteria. Calculators will be provided for students who do not have one.
5. Books, magazines, homework, beverages, snacks, and other materials ARE NOT allowed in the testing room.
6. Each student must bring a photo ID. This can be a student ID or driver’s license.
The ACT has strict rules for student behavior during testing. If a student violates these rules, his or her test, as well as the tests of others, maybe voided.
Please contact us if you have any questions about testing.
Craig School Code 500955
Taking the Advanced Placement exam is an important part of all AP courses. Joseph A. Craig High School desires that all students take AP exams for the AP classes that they have taken. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn student’s college credit for their high school class, saving a significant amount on tuition.
For the 2020 AP exams, students at Joseph A. Craig High School will be registering online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access.
This year each AP exam costs $94.00. Joseph A. Craig High School desires that every student be able to take their AP exams. Students requiring financial assistance should contact Shelly Osmond in the Craig Student Center. email@example.com
Online AP exam registration will begin on Monday, August 19th, 2019 at 8:00 am and end on Sunday, March 8th, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
To register, students should click on the link provided on the school website or visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/500955
Students must answer all required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end. We know that parents may desire to register their students for exams, but we strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered.
Joseph A. Craig High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a credit or debit card available before beginning registration. (This is one step of a 2 step registration process)
During the first two weeks of class, students will visit apstudent.collegeboard.org to learn more about AP courses and exams. AP teachers will give students a join code for each of their AP classes. Students will use their college board username and password to join and enroll in their class section. If a student is new to an AP course, a username and password will have to be created. Students will access their MyAP site often during the year. When a student receives a join code, they will mark whether or not they plan on taking the AP exam on this site as well. (This is one step of a 2 step process.
First two weeks of school:
AP teachers will give students the join code for their AP course. Students will log into MyAP and register as part of the class and mark if taking the exam or not.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Monday, August 19th, 2019 8:00 am- Registration begins.
- Thursday, November 14th, 2019 at 11:59 pm- Registration and payments after this date will incur a $40.00 late fee per exam
- Thursday, November 14th, 2019- Last day to cancel an exam and receive full refund.
- Friday, March 6th, 2020- Last day to cancel an exam that will include a cancellation fee of $40.00
- Sunday, March 8th, 2020 at 11:59 pm- Registration ends
- Wednesday, March 11th, 2020 at 11:59 pm- Registrations that have not been paid for will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
Please contact Shelly Osmond, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to register for an exam not listed or have any questions.